The Festival of the Reformation, 2022
The Introit p. 16
The Gloria Patri
The Kyrie p. 17
The Gloria in Excelsis
The Salutation and Collect p. 19
The Epistle and Gradual
Praise be to Thee, O Christ!
The Nicene Creed p. 22
The Turmoil Made Plain
The Sanctus p. 26
The Lord's Prayer p. 27
The Words of Institution
The Agnus Dei p. 28
The Nunc Dimittis p. 29
The Benediction p. 31
The Hymn #259 Flung to the Heedless Winds
- Randy Anderson in treatment, Pastor K and Doc Lito Cruz - dealing with diabetes, Pastor Jim Shrader - improving, Callie and her parents, C.
- Lori Howell's mother, Carol Olsen, died October 8, last year.
- The I AM Sermons books (revised) will be sent out today or tomorrow.
- If people start with their human reason in dealing with the Bible, they are bound to distort the results, as Zwingli and Calvin did.
- If they consider their church the ultimate authority, as the Church of Rome always has, that will also distort the text and the translation.
- Another type of corruption comes from the ecumenical wing, where the participants, in the name of unity, love every doctrine but their own. This is the majority attitude today.
- The Star of Bethlehem signaled a great change coming, and Herod saw it as a challenge to his throne.
- The Wise Men were equally disturbing because that meant the Star was known outside of their little kingdom, so that gave it even more meaning.
- The Age of Prophesy was over for centuries, but they looked for a new Elijah, a signal that a new age was upon them.
- John the Baptist fulfilled what was promised in Isaiah 40 - the Voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare the Way of the Lord.