Saturday, May 17, 2008

Buffer Space Helps Bethany Lutheran Worship


From one of our readers, Grey Goose:

Anyway, the buffering on the recording came along about every two sentences. (I hadn't experienced that at all earlier.) So I right-clicked on the picture and got a box with a Settings choice for the Adobe Flash Player on my machine that Ustream must use.

Clicking on Settings, I learned that the buffer space was very small. I set it for Unlimited. From then on, everything was fine again.

I mention this in case others comment on too frequent buffering. Resetting the Adobe FP buffer space might give them a helping hand. But one has to leave the BLW site and return to it for the new setting to take effect.

***

GJ - Try this to get rid of the hiccups. There are things on my side to improve and also variables from home to home and along the Internet path. This is so new that college students look at me with awe and wonder when I describe it to them. It is gratifying to be ahead of the 20 to 30 year-olds in something technological. I remember when we had only two TV channels to watch. I had to walk all the way cross the room to change the knob from 4 to 6. I was the family remote control.

No comments: